Welcome to the online archive of the West Lafayette Fire Department. Here, you’ll find a selection of items and information from the physical archive, which is currently housed at Fire Station No. 3.
About the WLFD:
Established in 1894, theFire Department now operates from three stations. Fire Station No. 1 is located at 300 North Street, near the Purdue University campus, and was built in 1917, making it one of Indiana’s oldest active fire stations. Fire Station No. 1 formerly housed city hall and other city offices. It is also one of a few stations in Indiana with a working fire pole. Fire Station No. 2 is at 531 W. Navajo Street, just one block from City Hall. Fire Station No. 3 is located at 501 W. Kalberer Road and is temporarily housed in a renovated facility along with Parks Department maintenance.
A vital part of the West Lafayette community for over a hundred years, the highly dedicated members of the West Lafayette Fire Department work around the clock to keep West Lafayette safe. The WLFD provides fire and first responder (basic) medical response to citizens within the city limits. The department responds to approximately 1,600 incidents each year.